Showing COLLECTIONS: 1 - 3 of 3
The Whitney Museum Exhibition Records document the efforts of multiple Museum departments in planning and presenting exhibitions at the Whitney Museum of American Art over the span of seventy-three years. Materials include correspondence, contracts, artists’ proposals, statements, CVs, photographs, checklists, press releases, announcements, brochures, articles, installation layouts, didactic texts, and other materials.
- Subject: Painting, American--20th century--Exhibitions X
- Art museums--United States--New York 2
- Art patronage 2
- Art, American--20th century--Correspondence 2
- Art, Modern--19th century 2
- Drawing, American--20th century 2
- Drawing, American--20th century--Exhibitions 2
- Hopper, Edward, 1882-1967. Nighthawks 2
- Landscape painting, American 2
- Museums (buildings) 2
- New York (N.Y.)--In art--Exhibitions 2
- New York (N.Y.)--Pictoral works 2
- Painting, American--20th century--Exhibitions 2
- Painting, American--Exhibitions 2
- Painting--Exhibitions 2
- Watercolor painting, American--20th century--Exhibitions 2
- Art patrons--United States--Correspondence 1
- Art, Abstract 1 ∧ less
- Hopper, Edward, 1882-1967 2
- Albers, Josef 1
- Hopper, Jo N. (Josephine Nivison), 1883-1968 1
Access to the Archives:Researchers may consult archival materials on-site at the Frances Mulhall Achilles Library and Archives in West Chelsea. To request an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A brief bio and description of your research project or subject. Please include relevant institutional affiliations.
- A list of requested materials including collection titles, and box or folder numbers.
- A list of dates for when you wish to visit. Please provide at least two weeks advance notice.
Note: This platform contains information about archival collections only. To search for Library and Special Collections resources, please visit library.whitney.org. To search for information about artists and artworks in the Museum’s permanent collection, please visit collection.whitney.org.