Showing COLLECTIONS: 1 - 2 of 2
Edward and Josephine Hopper Research Collection
The Edward and Josephine Hopper Research Collection documents the long relationship between Edward Hopper (1882–1967) and the Whitney Museum of American Art. It includes voluminous documentation of the artist’s life and work compiled by Whitney curators while preparing exhibitions of Hopper’s work and the Hopper Catalogue Raisonné. Materials include correspondence with Edward Hopper, his wife Josephine, and with collectors of Hopper works.
Whitney Museum of American Art Exhibition Records
The Whitney Museum Exhibition Records document the efforts of multiple Museum departments in planning and presenting exhibitions at the Whitney Museum of American Art over the span of seventy-three years. Materials include correspondence, contracts, artists’ proposals, statements, CVs, photographs, checklists, press releases, announcements, brochures, articles, installation layouts, didactic texts, and other materials.
- Subject: Landscape painting, American X
- Art museums--United States--New York 1
- Art patronage 1
- Art, Abstract 1
- Art, American--20th century--Correspondence 1
- Art, American--20th century--Exhibitions--Correspondence 1
- Art, American--Exhibitions 1
- Art, Modern--19th century 1
- Art, Modern--20th century 1
- Art--20th century--Exhibitions 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Biennials--Exhibitions 1 + ∧ less
- Albers, Josef 1
Access to the Archives:Researchers may consult archival materials on-site at the Frances Mulhall Achilles Library and Archives in West Chelsea. To request an appointment, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- A brief bio and description of your research project or subject. Please include relevant institutional affiliations.
- A list of requested materials including collection titles, and box or folder numbers.
- A list of dates for when you wish to visit. Please provide at least two weeks advance notice.
Note: This platform contains information about archival collections only. To search for Library and Special Collections resources, please visit library.whitney.org. To search for information about artists and artworks in the Museum’s permanent collection, please visit collection.whitney.org.