Historical Photographs Collection
Scope and Contents
- Majority of material found in 1960-1980
Access to Collection
Language of Materials
Organization of the Collection
This collection is organized into five series:
Series I: Education and Special Events Photographs, 1912-2006
Materials in this series are arranged into three subseries and arranged in chronological order.
- Subseries A: Education Events Photographs, 1963-1991
- Subseries B: Special Events Photographs, 1961-2006
- Subseries C: Special Events Photographs -- Oversized, 1912-1962
Series II: Artist Objects, 1905-1993
Materials in this series are arranged into four subseries. Within each subseries the folders are arranged alphabetically by the artist's last name.
- Subseries A: Artists Objects, 1905-1993
- Subseries B: Artists Objects --Oversized, 1924-1993
- Subseries C: Artists Objects --Oversized Alexander Calder, 1968-1975
- Subseries D: Artists Objects --Oversized Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, 1905-1943
Series III: Artist Portraits, circa 1945-2005
Arranged in alphabetical order by artist's last name.
Series IV: Whitney People, 1934-2009
Materials in this series are arranged into two subseries.
- Subseries A: Whitney People: Family, Staff, Trustees, 1934-2009
- Subseries B: Whitney People: Family, Staff, Trustees --Oversized, 1917-1980s
Series V: Whitney Properties, 1918-circa 1989
The photographs in this series are arranged into three subseries and losely arranged by museum property.
- Subseries A: Museum Buildings, Private Properties, undated
- Subseries B: Branch Museums, Bulwark, circa 1988-1992
- Subseries C: Museum Buildings, Private Properties --Oversized, 1918-circa 1989
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for inherited script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.